George Bernard Shaw in "Man and Superman"

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; to be thouroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Monday, December 19, 2011

Being Held Accountable Is My Friend

Just a little note today about all the exciting things that are happening on the blog this week!

First, I'll have a private lesson with Ivan tomorrow and then I'm getting coached by Linda Dean, a paragon in the ballroom world and a winner of Blackpool.

Then I'll have a class at Imperial Studio with Artem, Inna, and/or Igor.

Also, I'll be attending the winter holiday showcase at Imperial Studio where Artem and Inna will be performing, along with some of their best students.

It will be an exciting week of new experiences, insights, and growth.

Also, I've created a page for the Biggest Girl In The Ballroom blog on Facebook.  Please support me in growing this blog by liking the Facebook page for it, subscribing to the blog, following the blog, and/or sharing the links to the blog with friends if you find value in the posts.

I'm asking for your help in this because I can't express how encouraging and motivating it is to be held accountable, knowing that I will be watched on this journey!  I need this accountability (badly, ahem) and you (yes you, the one reading this right now) can help provide it.  Please support me as I make my way toward my goal of being a size 8 or smaller, weighing 140 pounds or less, all by the time I reach the Desert Classic DanceSport Championships in Palm Springs, California this coming July 2012.  Oh, my butt is on the line, yes it is!

Also, I invite you to comment on any posts that move you.  This blog can be a community for dancers.  I am curious about your stories and insights too! 

If you have any ideas for a post topic, send that to me as well.  Perhaps you could guest blog or we could do a "blog conversation" between blogs if you have one yourself about ballroom or dancing.  Let's creatively collaborate!

In addition, I'm sending a very special thanks to Jennifer Walker who has already reached out to me and has been my first guest blogger because of that interaction.  The world is an amazing place when I open myself to possibilities of connection!  I already made my first new friend!

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to share a win with you.  I said I'd keep you updated about my weight relase progress every two weeks, and I will, but I have some good news right now.  I'm down 5.2 pounds since I started the blog a little over a week and a half ago.  Go me!

Stay tuned.  Same bat time.  Same bat channel.

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment