George Bernard Shaw in "Man and Superman"

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; to be thouroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Elo, Estefanie!" Translated this is Hello, Stefanie!

"Hello, Ivan!"

"How are you? Kak say" Kak say (phonetic sounds) = How are you. I'm learning a few phrases in Bulgarian

"Dobre!" This means "good"

"Merci!"

"Estefanie, thank you for my message. It's so nice! I feel so good" I left Ivan a message yesterday thanking him for being my teacher.

"Of course, Ivan. You're welcome."

"Maybe you kidding on it?"

"No Ivan, I meant every word I said."

"Ohh, thank you. Estefanie, I see on Facebook you did a picture. Why you do a picture of you in the mirror first thing in the morning with no make up? What you expect, you gonna look like princess first thing? No. Probably not even supermodels looking good in in the morning. Probably Claudia Schiffer having to putting on the make up every morning. Why you do this? You got to get up, brush your teeth, probably wait an hour."

I'm giggling. The photo I took wasn't about looking pretty. It was part of a response I challenged myself to complete. But I don't think Ivan fully understands it. And, he never misses an opportunity to tell me that I look better with make up on than without. He's so sweet about it, anyone else says something this to you and you'd take offense, but him, it cracks me up. And, yes, I do look better with a little make up on.

Ah, the life of a ballroom dancer. Step one: must always be glamorous.

"Oh, Ivan," I ignore the question. It's too difficult to explain.

"When are we going to dance again?" I query. "Tomorrow? Friday?"

"Tomorrow, tomorrow is good. What time?"

"Ten am?"

"That good. At the church."

"Okay, Ivan. I've got to go. I'm at work!"

"Okay, okay, go, go! I seeing you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Ivan"

"Bye, Estefanie."

I guess I'd better put a little make up next time I take a picture and post it on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment