George Bernard Shaw in "Man and Superman"

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; to be thouroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Out WIth The Old, In With The New!

Saturday, December 17th, 2011

Great American Ballroom Shoe Store




I've parted with my dance shoes.

They were pretty beat up and it was time for a new pair.



So I went to an actual store that sells ballroom shoes.  It was the first time I had so many options.  I've gotten my shoes via internet and also a dance studios where they often have a very limited selection.

I met Marlin, like the fish, who owns the store.  He was so great!  He used to own a huge square dancing store and manufactured petticoats.  Now he sells ballroom shoes.  He's designed shoes, made shoes, and knows what goes into them.  He knows how to fit them properly.  And he can custom make any color, shape or size. 

We had a delightful time trying on a plethora of shoes and came up with this pair.



They are pretty comfortable and I love the sparkly buckles.  They are the quick release kind so I won't have to struggle trying to get the little buckle through the hole in the strap anymore.

I even upgraded my shoe bag from this.....


to this....


I feel so fancy!

And I finally got a pair of practice shoes!  I've been dancing ballroom for over a year and never had a pair of practice shoes.  I'm so excited.  They are cushy.


Ivan won't recognize me when I show up for my lesson next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment